Popularization of cryptocurrency is the reason why hundreds of users come to mining every day. But to start the production of virtual money is not as easy as it seems to the layman. You will have to spend money on equipment, buy and configure software for mining on the graphic card, open a wallet for storing coins. Miners can try different software depending on hardware requirements and mining algorithms. This can be either paid software or free of charge.
Features of mining on the graphic card
If Bitcoin mining requires huge cash investments in specialized equipment and electricity, the generation of alternative currencies is available to every user. Unlike bitcoin mining on ASIC miners, relatively small hardware costs will be required to start mining Ethereum. You can set up a private farm on your own PC using graphic cards or operate as part of a pool.
- The only thing that the owner should pay attention to is the characteristics of the video card:
Memory. The choice is better to stop on the models with the maximum volume, as this is the main parameter for cryptocurrency mining.
- Speed. Professionals advise to choose DDR5 – standard cards with the maximum speed of data processing.
- Tire capacity. For the production of crypto currency, cards with the parameters of the bit width from 256 will be suitable. Models with a smaller capacity are obsolete.
- Cooling. Radeon cards, which are popular among miners, can withstand high load without overheating.
- Acceleration. A special program for overclocking the graphics card for mining can increase its performance by 20-40%, so this feature is very important when choosing equipment.
Software for mining on the graphic cards, available to everyone
In the selection of software there is software for both beginners and experienced miners cryptocurrency. Each user can get acquainted with the programs on the official websites of manufacturers and choose acceptable software. Claymore’s Dual Miner is a popular program for mining Ethereum on a graphic card, as well as its varieties on one PC at the same time. NiceHash Miner ideal for beginners with the auto setup function. Suitable for mining on processor and the mining of coins with the help of the graphics card. CGMINER is a full functional console for experienced miners. An additional plus is the program for overclocking the graphic card. Guiminer is a popular graphical console for Poclbm. In newer versions of the software, the user can choose between Phoenix and Phatk. CudaMiner is a well-known mining program on Nvidia graphics card with a minimalistic interface resembling a command line.
In fact, cryptocurrency miners use a variety of software. If the program for mining cryptocurrencies on the graphic card did not fit or did not like, you can choose an alternative option taking into account the iron installed by the OS and the type of coins to mining.